2019 – Present
Senior WordPress Developer
Designing and developing custom WordPress websites and themes for a variety of clients using modern WordPress developments techniques and tools such as Advanced Custom Fields, and Sage.
2016 – 2018
Managing a team of 3 – 5 local and remote developers building custom themed WordPress sites for clients ranging from local businesses, Universities, NGOs and international corporations. Modern build processes and project management tools are used to ensure the completion of client friendly custom websites and meet demanding deadlines.
2013 – 2016
Designer / Developer / Owner
2009 – 2014
Designer / Operations
Developed and maintained client database and e-commerce website. Translated the brand identity across multiple platforms including website and Mailchimp templates. Designed and developed several new product lines. Pursued and maintained sales and client relations. Planned and executed marketing and outreach campaigns based on Mailchimp and web-analytics.
2008 – 2013
Managed a staff of up to 10 full and part time employees. Liaising with sales team and design team to ensure that client orders were created and delivered on time, with impeccable attention to detail and quality. Managing timelines for multiple simultaneous projects. Daily use of Adobe Creative suite to create brand guideline documents.
Simon Fraser University
Bachelor of Arts
Joint Major Anthrolopolgy + Arts and Culture
Joint degree in Arts & Culture and Anthropology with a focus on the use of music, art, fashion and material culture by individuals and sub-cultures to construct identities and community.
Skills + Attributes
- Server management, Deployment & SEO – cPanel, whm, wordmove, nagios, vagrant, vvv, mamp, composer, wp-cli, google analytics, google search console, git, trellis, bedrock, shopify slate
- Project management – asana, trello, slack, bitbucket, github, gitflow
- Graphics and handover – photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, XD, sketch, zeplin
- Wordpress plugins – advanced custom fields, woocommerce, migratedb pro, w3 total cache, yoast, gravity forms
- Extensive knowledge of WordPress and Bootstrap
- Proficient with OSX, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Dedicated to creating clean well documented code that complies with contemporary web standards
- Strong leadership skills and ability to head teams while leading by example
- Task driven, self starter and lifelong learner, constantly expanding on knowledge base
- Data visualization and data journalism, currently learning d3.js
- Current self directed learning on Laravel Blade, Yarn, and React
- Active member of Vancouver’s music and arts community. Currently a member of the band Total Shock.
- Poster and album cover design. View my print portfolio at tylermounteney.com/print
- Baseball fan and data nerd, I created a website that compiles historical data on professional Baseball in Vancouver. This site and blog are currently being managed by members of the Northwest chapter of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR)